Alagappa Government Arts College Library plays a vital role in promoting the progress of knowledge. Library is functioning in a traditional building of the college available with an information desk cum circulation counter, a spacious reading hall, a reference room, a stack room and a cabin for Librarian. The main aim of the college library is to acquire process, organize and provide access to various kinds of information resources including books, journals, magazines, dailies etc. It has a collection of 86,729 books including some rare collections. The collection contains important first editions of classical authors and authors of world importance, text books, Journals, Magazines, Reference books, Encyclopedias for general and specific etc. 3764 number of books purchased from Government fund have been newly added to the collections during the last 5 years. There are about 5 Computers with internet facility, 1 Printer and 1 Photostat Machine available for the access of students and staff. Facilities to access e- publications and e- resources are provided through N-List programme for both students and faculty members. A separate Advisory Committee for Library, the Principal and the Librarian of the college hold all responsibilities to take decisions regarding the improvement of infrastructural facilities and library services. The college library is yet to procure manuscripts. It has a few rare books and special collections which play a vital role in the library system.
Mr. R. Madasamy M.A., M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil., Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org +91 94444 80979
- All the students and staff are members of the library.
- Strict silence should be observed in the library.
- The Library function time is 8:45 am to 5: 30 pm on all working days of the college.
- The Library is following an open access system to the members. The students and staff can browse and select the books according to their needs.
- Staff can borrow 5 books and one book for UG students and two books for PG students can borrow from the main library.
- Rare and Reference books collections are available for reference only and not for lending.
- The library has got a separate printer cum photocopier (One in all facility). Students can use this facility on request.
- Reference Desk will conduct searches for books and periodicals that you are unable to locate on the shelves. This service is open to students and staff.
- Whenever the new information sources added to the library collection, the list will be informed to students and staff regularly.
- Library conducts a user orientation program for new members/students in the beginning of academic year.
- The library has internet connectivity for browsing e-resource for students & staff to access subscription of N-List e- journals and e-books and free e-sources & e-database.