- "Research is civilization and determines the economic, social and political development of a nation” – C.V.Raman.
- Hence, in AGAC, quality measures are taken to promote research among the staff and students. Research has become an integral part of PG curriculum in the campus of AGAC. All the faculty members are constantly motivated to participate in active research. A Research Committee has been constituted with the objective of facilitating and monitoring the research activities in the College.
- Twelve Departments are recognized as research centres. Fourty staff members have been recognized as research guides by the Alagappa University and they are guiding M.Phil and Ph.D. scholars.
- Eight departments offer M.Phil. Programmes and the faculties in these departments supervise the dissertation works of their M.Phil. Scholars. All the science faculty members in PG departments guide the final year PG learners for their projects. Research culture is promoted by involving both the staff and learners in active research by providing adequate infrastructure facilities.
- To monitor the research activities, the Research Committee was established. The cell consisting of four members including a Coordinator meet periodically and assess the research activities / programmes carried out by the members of staff of the college.